We’re committed to open access.
This site was created by an informal group of U.S. institutions who have signed the Expression of Interest (EoI) of the OA2020 initiative, organized by the Max Planck Digital Library. These institutions believe that OA2020 represents a viable path forward to transitioning the corpus of scholarly journals from subscription-based to open access.
Represented on this site as of March 2018 are the following U.S. EoI signatories:
- California State University, Northridge
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)
- University of California, Merced
- University of California, Riverside
- University of North Texas
- Iowa State University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Wayne State University
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
We offer our statements & tools.
OA2020 is one of several movements aimed at establishing universal open access for scholarly journal literature. So, why did we choose to sign on to OA2020? And how does OA2020-organized by European institutions-translate to the needs of scholarly publishing stakeholders in the U.S.?
We have created this site to offer explanation both of what we signed onto with the OA2020 EoI, and why we did so.
We also hope that other U.S. institutions and campuses considering paths forward to universal OA can make practical use of this site in answering: Why should we want to implement universal OA, and how does OA2020 advance us toward this goal?
Please see the Resources & Contact page if you have further questions about our considerations and processes in getting institutional approval for the EoI.
If you would like to get in touch with us, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.